Please help the University of KwaZulu-Natal UK Trust to provide bursaries and other assistance for needy students at the University by giving generously – through a one-off donation, a standing order, or both, and by making a Gift Aid declaration.

You can make a donation easily online using the service provided by the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) using this button:

Alternatively, simply go to the page on the CAF website for Donate to a charity and search for the University of KwaZulu-Natal UK Trust by name or by the charity number, 1004047.

Remember to select the Gift Aid option if you are a UK taxpayer as this will boost the amount received by the Trust.

Please note the online donation service previously provided by Virgin Money Giving is no longer available.

Alternatively, if you have internet banking you can make your donation electronically by:

  • Transferring funds to the Trust’s bank account:

Account in name of: University of KwaZulu-Natal UK Trust
Bank: National Westminster Bank plc
Branch: St James’s and Piccadilly Branch, London
Sort Code: 56-00-03
Account no: 00760293

  • Then e-mailing to provide: your name and address; the amount of your donation; the date it was made; and whether you wish your donation to be treated as Gift Aid (if you are a UK taxpayer). Please include the complete text of the Gift Aid Declaration as set out below (scroll down page).

If you wish to make your donation by post, please download and print out the Trust’s Giving Form, complete it and post it with your donation to:

University of KwaZulu-Natal UK Trust
Church House
Yr Allt
CF72 8EF

You will need Adobe Reader in order to download and access the form. Don’t have Adobe Reader? Install it here.

Standing Orders

The Trust relies not only on generous one-off donations from supporters but also on standing orders that provide a steady stream of revenue. The Trustees are most grateful to those who provide standing orders. If you can, please make a commitment to give a certain sum regularly – monthly, quarterly or yearly.

You can do this by downloading and printing out the standing order section on the Trust’s Giving Form and posting it to the Trust’s address in the same way as for donations by post – see above.

Gift Aid Declarations

If you are a UK taxpayer, you can make your giving go further. For every £1 you donate to the Trust, it is able to claim back an additional 25p from the taxman – but only if you complete and sign a Gift Aid Declaration.

Do so only if you pay enough tax or capital gains tax to HM Customs and Excise to cover the amount that we will claim from them in relation to payment(s) you make to the Trust now and in future. Any shortfall discovered will be claimed back from you by HM Customs and Excise.

If using CAF Donate online, simply select the Gift Aid option when making your donation.

Otherwise, complete and sign the Gift Aid section on the Trust’s Giving Form when making a one-off donation or setting up a regular contribution and send the form to the Trust by post.

You may also e-mail, stating that you wish your donation to be treated as Gift Aid.

Any e-mailed declaration must include the following text (copy and paste into your e-mail):

Please treat as Gift Aid donations all qualifying gifts of money made today and in the future to the University of KwaZulu-Natal UK Trust (reg charity no 1004047). I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital gains Tax for each tax year (6th April to 5th April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. I understand the charity will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I give on or after 6th April 2008.

Other ways of giving

Please consider leaving a legacy or bequest to the Trust in your will, as this is a wonderful way for you to provide support for a cause you care about. The Trust also welcomes donations made in memory of a loved one who has died. Please contact us for more information about such options.

You may also wish to consider other ways of helping the University or contributing to development projects or other bursary funds. Further information can be found on the UKZN Foundation website.


Please note that, in order to save costs, receipts are not normally sent out. If you wish to obtain a receipt, please request one and include a stamped SAE with your donation.

Need help?

If you have any queries, please contact us.